ITRC 2021 Graduate Student Competition
A Graduate Student Competition will once again take place at the ITRC 2021. Competitions will be held for both oral and poster presentations and entrants will be divided into multiple categories based on their topic of research. The top contestants in each category will receive a complimentary ITS student membership and a modest cash prize. The presenting author of an accepted manuscript must be a graduate student at the time of the ITRC 2021 to be eligible for the competition. To enroll in the Graduate Student Competition, please click ‘I would like to enroll in the graduate student competition’ while registering for the conference here on the website. The registration will open closer to the conference.
ITRC 2021 Student Travel Award
There will be multiple awards available to support student travel to the ITRC 2021. Travel support will be based on the amount of funding available and the number of students that apply, and we expect to have more information on the level of support that can be expected during the fall of 2020.
To apply for a student travel award, download and completely fill out the ITRC 2021 Student Travel Award Application. The application should include any abstracts to be presented at the ITRC 2021, a 1-page personal statement stating how attendance at the meeting will help you achieve your career goals, and a signed statement from your major advisor verifying that you study turfgrass science and that you are currently in good academic standing at your institution. Save the completed document as a single PDF file and email to Paul Koch at email@example.com by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Please note that:
- Applicants must be a current student studying turfgrass science at the time of the ITRC 2021 to be eligible
- Applicants must be planning to present (oral or poster) at the ITRC 2021 to be eligible for an award
- Applicants who have entered the Graduate Student Competition will receive priority for an award over those who have not
- Applications received after 11:59 PM on December 31st, 2020 will not be accepted without prior approval by Paul Koch
- Applicants will be judged based primarily on their personal statement, the quality of their abstracts, and their involvement and leadership at their respective universities
- Award recipients will be notified on approximately February 1st, 2021
If you have any questions regarding the application please contact Paul Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01-608-262-6531.